Monday, July 16, 2012

A Project of Epic Proportions {Calendar}

Ok.  This is where things might start getting a little bit harry.  I've completed all the weeks that I deemed simple.  Simple because I knew what I needed in those specific sections.  The rest is starting to get a little fuzzy.  Some things will rely on other things that aren't done yet...so trying to figure out where to go next has been difficult.  Hang with me though...I'm still going to be giving you lots of good stuff.  This week we will be working on the Calendar section.

If you are lost or need to get caught up you can catch the previous posts on The Home Management Binder via The Challenge, The Supplies, Contacts, Medical, and Account Info.
 

I have a general idea of what I want in this section, but not sure how practically it will play out.   I anticipate this being my most used section.  I'm just not exactly sure how to get everything I want in there.  I would like to have a general monthly overview, and detailed daily sheets that I can include our Homeschool Plans, Meal Plans, Cleaning Lists, etc. in them.....I think.  I will probably start with more than I need and then hopefully narrow it down to what works best for me.  At this point, I won't be making anything of my own (except one) because I want to see what I need first. 

I definitely don't know what you need either.  There will be lots of links on everything that I can think of that I might/you might want in your Calendar section somewhere/somehow.  Good luck!!

Monthly:  I like a monthly view so I can mark down holidays, appointments that are scheduled a few months out, etc.
  • 2012 Calendar by Life Your Way
  • 2013 Calendar by Life Your Way 
  • 2012 Calendar by The Nest Effect. 
  • Birthday's and Special Events by Our Portion.  This is the only one I made because I knew what and where I wanted it.  I have been HORRIBLE with birthday cards for the last 2 years!  I blame it on my 3rd child, but I really want to change my bad habit.  With every monthly calendar I will have a list of birthday's and Special events for that month.  On the bottom of the page will be one of Avery's Pocket Tab's.  At the beginning of every month..or two I can complete cards for whatever needed and put them in the pocket.  I can then add a little note to my weekly or daily calendar, just pull it out and mail it.  The list/page itself can transfer from year to year.
  • Birthday Organizer by Life Your Way. Just in case you don't want it month by month like the one I made. This one has six months on one sheet.
Weekly: If you aren't Homeschooling or generally don't have a daily schedule, a weekly overview might work better for you.

Daily:  My ideal in the end will be to make my own Daily Sheet with what I need on it...but for starters....

Menu Planners:  I think my plan long term is to put my weekly menu planner in with my Food/Recipe Binder, and then transfer each day's meals onto my Daily Sheet.  I figured I'd go ahead and list them now for you just in case you want them in your calendar section. 


Other
  • Exercise Log by Life Your Way
  • Weekly Cleaning by Evelyn Kate Designs.
  • Cleaning Calendar by Tips and Pixs.  This one isn't a printable. Sorry.  I just liked the lay-out of the weekly/daily cleaning schedule.  Eventually I'd like to use something as simple as this and add it to my daily sheet..again...I think. 

I've dug into my past experiences to figure out a way to re-use the daily pages, that way I'm not having to print 5 pages EVERY week.  You can easily write on your protector sheets with a dry erase marker but I found that they will easily smudge, and even rub off, when you close your folder and the pages move around.  You can write on the sheet protectors with a Sharpie!  That's right..a Sharpie; Permanent Marker.  Just make sure you run out and find some 100% Pure Acetone first (right by the nail polish remover).  Put some Acetone on a cotton ball or a napkin and wipe your sheet off.  It should be clean and ready for the next set of notes.  I currently don't have any Acetone..so I tried using some hand sanitizer.  It works for cleaning off my white board, so I figured I'd give it a go.  It got most of the permanent marker off, but not all, so I will have to figure out where to find the Acetone at since they don't have it at the PX.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Laura, we use the Expo Vis a Via Wet Erase markers for our protector sheets. They stay put until you erase them with a damp paper towel. I got them off Amazon. Might be worth looking into as a alternative to the Sharpie/Acetone.

    ReplyDelete